Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Think before you speak!!!!!!!

So have you ever opened your mouth before you thought of what you were saying?

Well I sure did this weekend!!!!

Here is the scenario:
I have a lamp in the corner in the living room that is on an automatic timer. The lamp has not turned on in over five months now. I thought I needed a new light bulb but just keep forgetting to get them. I took the lamp shade off so I could dust it on Friday night (it was bad) and I tired to turn it on but no luck. SO……

Here is the story:
I had people over the house on Saturday night to just hang out and play games. One of my friends had someone visiting from TX and they came over so he could meet the group and hang out. Well right after he walked in the door the lamp turned on. I opened my big mouth and said “WOW you turned my light on!”! I did not mean for it to sound like it did. Everyone got a big kick out of it!! I was SO embarrassed!! I think my face turned four shades of red!!

I am sure he will go back to TX and tell that story. Hey the first time I met this Ali girl she told me I turned her light on. O-well I am okay with people getting a good laugh out of it because I am still laughing about it!!

So be sure you think about what you are going to say and how it is going to sound before you speak (especially when you met someone for the first time)!!!

1 comment:

Holli said...

Oh well Ali, maybe he DID turn your light on...you just don't know it yet! Or maybe you turned his light on........... :)