Saturday, April 5, 2008

Photography

Well I have my first photography class Thursday night, I loved it!!!! I got free camera classes with my camera from Christmas. I was the youngest person in the room by about 10 to 15 years, with one of the nicest cameras. This class was an Introduction to Digital, alot of older people with their 1st (point-and-shoot) digital camera. It was cute watching all of those older people learn to use a digital camera.

I learned alot about:
* Primary Applications
* Sharing Electronically - there is another class about this that I am going to attend.
* Editing and Printing
* Using Images in Documents
* Archiving and Cataloging
* Photo Albums and Scrapbooking - different photo sizes.
* Operational Basics - I will learn more about my camera in the Nikon DSLR class on the 22nd.
* Understanding Aspect Ratios - more to come in Digital 1 & 2
* The image size - measuring pixels
* Understanding Resolution - more to come in Digital 1 & 2.
* JPeg - The "Compressible" Format
* Tiff - The "Uncompressible" Format
* Raw - The "Expert" Format - I would love to be able to shoot in Raw one day!!

I can't wait until my next class on the 17th of April, his classes are full but he told me I could bring a chair and join in. I am so excited!! I think I might go to some courses in Nashville sometime soon to learn more!! I really want to learn how to develop my own pictures in a dark room!! Here are just some pictures I have randomly taken:






My side yard the day it snowed!!




I love this picture of Anna Grace!



Jackson is really working with the blocks!!


A pic I took of myself and changed to black and white!!!

No comments: